It is our belief that providing resources for parents, enabling social interaction and building strong bonds among families strengthen the learning experience for all. At OLS, we are proud to have an active parent community whose involvement in their child’s education allows our school to flourish and grow.
Active initiatives for involvement
- Volunteer Program: An active School Volunteer and Fundraising Program that encourages parents to get involved at a commitment level that is right for their family. Participation is mutually beneficial as relationships are formed between parents and other members of the school community creating connections across all grade levels.
- The OLS Men’s Club: Open to all men of the parish, the OLS Men’s Club is a parish organization established to support the sports programs for the OLS children. Through various social and fundraising events, the Men’s Club provides 100% of the funds necessary to run and maintain these programs. These events also provide a fun environment for the men in the parish to meet and socialize. Events for the Men include: Steak Dinner, Super Bowl Raffle, NCAA Final Four Game Watch, Golf Outing, and End of the Year Barbecue. In addition, the Men’s Club does many philanthropic programs throughout the year.
- Meetings are held on the third Monday of each month in the Parish Meeting Room.
- Our Lady’s Guild: Membership in Our Lady’s Guild is open to all women of the parish and provides an avenue for spiritual and social development as well as service. Meetings provide a great social environment to gather with friends and meet other women from the parish. Philanthropic initiatives are identified and organized by the members.
- Meetings are held on the second Monday of each month.
Click here to sign up for the Men’s Club Newsletter. For more information, contact George Czerniewski at (917) 939-5415 (or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org).