Fundraising is a necessary part of the financial life of our school and is an integral part of our annual budget. Total participation by all families in all fundraising events sponsored throughout the year is our goal. Each family’s cooperation is necessary and appreciated.
As of the 2015-2016 academic year, our major fundraising initiatives are:
- Fall Fundraiser: an auction and dinner dance that is the social highlight for our parent community
- Spring Gala Raffle: a community-wide tradition of dinner, dancing and prizes
- Mid-Winter Social (our newest social addition): a fun night to support technology and other initiatives.
Other community fundraisers add meaningful contributions to the resources available to our students. These include:
- Wrapping Paper Sale
- Scholastic Book Fair
- “Eat Out” Restaurant events throughout the year
Finally, easy ways to support OLS are to take advantage of the promotions made available by retailers and manufacturers who support education. OLS participates in the following initiatives:
- Box Tops for Education: We can earn cash for our school by simply clipping Box Tops coupons from hundreds of participating products. Box Tops also offer easy ways to earn even more cash for your school online. Please consider looking for the Box Top logo and dropping yours in the boxes in the church or send in to the school.
- Stop & Shop A+ Rewards Program helps us earn cash rewards simply by registering your Stop & Shop Rewards number. Go to www.stopandshop.com/aplus to register or call 1-877-275-2758. The OLS ID is #06538.
- For high quality gift wrapping and gifts visit www.mixedbag.com. A portion of your purchase will be donated back to OLS school.
- Shoprite e-labels for Education: go to www.shoprite.com/cnt/elabelsforeducation.html to register your card and allow OLS to receive points for purchasing certain products each month.
- GoodSearch is a search engine is powered by Yahoo. Once your register, every time you search, they will donate a penny to OLS School. Go to www.goodsearch.com for more information.