OLS is committed to making learning enjoyable. We offer a wide range of in-school and after-school activities that enhance the academic program, including spiritual work, athletics and arts programs, clubs and special events. There is a high participation rate from the student body, with corresponding support and interest from many parents as well.
OLS Sports Program Mission & Expectations
Our mission is to provide quality sports programs to compliment academics. We expect to create a positive, fun experience for all participants modeled on Christian values and behavior for our children.
About The Program
Our developmental sports program begins in fifth grade for boys and girls. Basic skills, teamwork, and sportsmanship are emphasized.
The OLS Men’s Club provides full funding for all sports programs. An athletic director oversees the administration of the program and volunteer coaches are appointed for each team. A link to the OLS Sports website can be found here.
Available sports and grade levels
- Boys and Girls Basketball (Grades 5-8)
- Basketball teams play in the CYO Catholic Youth Association
- Baseball (Grades 7 and 8)
- Team plays in the Westchester Catholic Baseball Association (WCBA)
- Softball (Grades 7 and 8)
- Team plays in the Westchester Catholic Girls Baseball Association (WCGA)