Academic excellence is attained through a comprehensive educational program that encourages a love of learning. The highly qualified, dedicated teaching staff of OLS encourages our students to think critically and creatively.
Academic excellence at OLS is fostered by:
- A highly qualified, dedicated teaching staff
- A strong foundation in basic academic skills
- An innovative technology program utilizing Promethean boards, computers and iPads
- A well-equipped science lab
- An age-appropriate library in each classroom
- A full-time learning facilitator on staff to provide on-site academic and developmental intervention services
- Foreign language studies in grades 4-8
- Interdisciplinary instruction
- Specialized art, music and physical education classes
- Departmentalized classes for middle school students grades 6-8
- Advanced placement course in Math for 8th graders
Beginning in 1995, OLS received accreditation from the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The Association accreditation is in recognition of schools that have strongly and effectively advanced the quality of education of students. In addition, in 2012, OLS received the AdvancED Standard for Quality accreditation.
OLS has programs to spotlight student achievement in order to positively reinforce and recognize the many talents and interests of our students. One example is the Monthly Achievement Society. Students are honored not just for academic proficiency but also for effort, improvement and positive behavior.